Discover the soft heart of the scamorza cheese, wrapped in a crispy breadcrumb to be enjoyed even for the aperitif!
600 g of eggplant, already cleaned
50 g of smoked Soresina scamorza cheese
100 g of stale bread (only crumbs)
100 g of Pecorino cheese
2 medium eggs
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
Breadcrumbs to taste
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Start by cleaning and cutting the eggplants, removing the peduncle and the base. Peel them with the help of a potato peeler, divide them in half and finally dice them.
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot and pour the newly cut dice. Let them simmer for 4-5 minutes, and then drain them well with a colander positioned above a bowl, so as to press the cooked dice with the back of a spoon, so as to let out all the excess water.
- Now blend the eggplant cubes, until they are pureed and pour the mixture obtained in a bowl where you will add the eggs.
- Add the grated pecorino cheese, parsley and stale bread previously cut into small pieces and blended in the mixer. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste by mixing everything with a fork.
- When you perfectly mixed everything and after obtaining a homogeneous and compact mixture, work it with your hands, forming balls.
- Create a small hole in the centre of the balls, pressing lightly with the tip of a finger and insert the smoked scamorza cheese cut into cubes. With your hands compacted again the edges of the meatball so as to close the scamorza cheese inside.
- Bread each ball with breadcrumbs and place on a baking dish covered with parchment paper, bake in a static oven preheated to 180-200° until golden.
- Let yourself be intimidated and enjoy these delicious balls, even for your aperitif!