A soft appetizer with a strong flavour.
40g Soresina butter
100g Parmigiano Reggiano PDO cheese Gran Soresina to be grated
200g grated Emmentaler
80g flour 00
250 ml Soresina whole milk
Fine salt to taste
1 pinch of nutmeg
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
Black pepper to taste
- To make the cheese soufflé, start with the Besciamella sauce: melt the butter in a pot over low heat, add the flour and, using a whisk, stir until it is perfectly mixed without lumps.
- Add the milk and continue stirring, making everything thicken. Finally add a pinch of nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the previously grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Emmentaler to the still hot Besciamella sauce. Add the egg yolks to the mixture, stirring well to mix all the ingredients, and leave the egg whites aside.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool. Meanwhile, whip the egg whites to snow and gently add them to the mixture, moving a spatula from bottom to top. If necessary, add salt.
- At this point put strips of parchment paper around the moulds and closed with a twine, as to not to allow, during cooking the soufflé to swell upwards and then leak.
- Grease the mould side with olive oil and fill them for 2/3 with the previously prepared dough , then bake in a preheated oven at 160° for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn the oven off and let the moulds rest for 2-3 minutes. Then remove the soufflé from the mould and enjoy immediately!