A rustic dish perfect even for lactose intolerants as well!
25g grated Parmigiano Reggiano PDO cheese Gran Soresina
Black pepper to taste
FOR LACTOSE-FREE BESCIAMELLA CREAM
500g lactose-free milk Latteria Soresina
40g flour 00
50g lactose-free butter Latteria Soresina
Nutmeg to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- First separate the broccoli tips from the stem, rinse them under running water, and blanch the tips for 3-4 minutes in boiling water, then drain them and move to a bowl full of water and ice to let them cool (thus they will keep their colour alive).
- Meanwhile, prepare the besciamella cream in the lactose-free variant: put a pot on the stove with lactose-free milk and bring to a boil.
- In another saucepan melt the lactose-free butter over a very gentle heat. Once the butter melted, pour the flour little by little, stirring it with the whisk to avoid forming lumps.
- Flavour the hot milk with the grated nutmeg and a pinch of salt, once the butter melted, pour a small part of milk and lighten the mixture with the whisk, then pour the rest too.
- Continue cooking over moderate heat for 5-6 minutes stirring with the whisk until a thick sauce is obtained and turn off.
- Now drain the broccoli from the ice water, take a baking dish and spread a layer of bechamel on the bottom, then add the drained broccoli on top and cover with the remaining besciamella cream.
- Finally sprinkle the surface with grated Parmigiano Reggiano, black pepper and bake in the oven at 200° for 20 minutes until a golden crust forms on the surface. Now your dish, broccoli au gratin, is ready to be enjoyed.