16 pumpkin flowers
500 g of white potatoes
70 g grated Gran Soresina Parmigiano Reggiano PDO cheese
1 small clove of garlic
1 bunch of basil
Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
Nutmeg to taste
Salt to taste
- To prepare this recipe start with the filling: wash the potatoes, transfer them to a pot with cold water and once brought to a boil, cook them for about 40 minutes. Check the cooking by piercing the potatoes with a fork, drain them with a skimmer, let them cool and finally peel them.
- Crush the potatoes with a potato masher (or alternatively with a fork), add 50 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, a pinch of nutmeg, salt, eggs, and 5/6 chopped basil leaves.
- Prepare the peeled clove of garlic, removed from the core and squeeze with a garlic squeezer, finally add it to the filling. Mix everything and transfer the mixture into a pastry bag.
- Clean the pumpkin flowers, remove the pistil and stem, wash and dry them gently.
- Fill them with the prepared potato filling and, as they are ready, place them on a baking sheet covered with oiled paper.
- Season them with a little oil, sprinkle them with the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and cook in an oven preheated to 180° for about 20 minutes. Finally, enjoy them!