Smoking, melted, and satisfying, every season!
400 g of fusilli
600 g of eggplants
250 g of Provolone cheese Soresina
60 g of grated Grana Padano PDO cheese Gran Soresina
50 g of dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
Basil to taste
FOR THE BESCIAMELLA CREAM
500 g of Latteria Soresina whole milk
50 g of Latteria Soresina butter
50 g of flour 00
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
In alternative: Latteria Soresina besciamella cream ready to use
TO FRY THE EGGPLANTS
Seed oil to taste
- Start with the besciamella cream: you can use the UHT Soresina Besciamella cream ready to use or heat the milk in a saucepan to make it warm, while in another saucepan melt the butter over a gentle heat. Once melted, you can add the flour and stir with a whisk quickly. Only in the end pour warm milk 3 times.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes stirring with the whisk to avoid lumps, without making it thicken too much; set it aside and let it cool.
- Now the eggplants: wash and peel them, then cut them with a slicer, in regular slices about 5 mm thick.
- Fry a few slices of eggplant at a time in seed oil at a temperature of about 170° and drain on absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile bring the water to a boil for the pasta and salt it. At the same time cut the provolone cheese into cubes, and then cook the fusilli al dente.
- Drain and cut the dried tomatoes into small pieces and pour 3/4 into the lukewarm bechamel, add salt and pepper to taste, then blend everything.
- Pour the bechamel with dried tomatoes into a bowl, add the fusilli cooked al dente and drained well while mix everything together. Add almost all the provolone cheese cubes and add the 50 g of Grana Padano cheese, keeping on stirring well with the spatula.
- Cover the bottom of a baking sheet with fried eggplants, also allowing them to flow out slightly. Pour the seasoned pasta over the eggplants distributing it evenly.
- Before baking sprinkle with the remaining Grana Padano PDO cheese, add the provolone cheese previously set aside on the surface and also add the remaining dried tomatoes.
- Cook in a ventilated oven already hot at 180° for 12 minutes. Once the pasta is baked with eggplants in the oven, before serving it extremely hot you can decorate it with fresh basil leaves.