FEBRUARY 5th 1900-1914
At the beginning of the twentieth century agriculture in the Po Valley was experiencing a period of intense development and renewal: nonetheless, due to harsh international competition, local cheese makers, the so-called “casari”, were forced to reduce the cost of raw materials, offloading the brunt of the industry’s straits onto the milk producers.
Nineteen farmers from the Soresina-Castelleone area executed a partnership agreement for the Latteria Soresinese before a notary, which within a few years became a sound production organisation.
The members, which within a few months went from 19 to 91, subscribed 2,918 shares with a nominal value of 50 Lire each (approximately 1,60 Euro) for a share capital of 145,900 Lire (approximately 4,650,000 Euro).
In order to establish the excellence of its products in Italy and worldwide, Latteria Soresinese avails itself of highly-skilled personnel from the German Cantons of Switzerland for Emmenthal, Fribourg and Sbrinz; from the Italian area of Lodi for butter; southern Italians for Caciocavallo and other typical varieties of cheese.
The careful production and financial management by Antonio Landriani and his successor Amilcare Robbiani guarantees the agroindustrial success.